A Writer's Life
Author Visit/In-House Field Trip for Schools GRADES 3-12
ALL of my schools programs are suitable for author visits, because they all connect with my books. But if you're looking specifically for a talk on the writing life, this is the one. In A Writer's Life, I talk about my unusual path to becoming an author, and how the life of a writer is about looking at the world in a particular way. I also show how I develop historical fiction from a blend of primary sources, academic history, and my own life experiences. I encourage students to look at their own lives through the eyes of a writer, and see how interesting they are to others. This is a flexible program, tailored to my audience, that often includes samples of my historical role play.
- Performance Length: 60-75 minutes
- Up to Three Sessions per Day
- Recommended Audience Ages: Grades 3-8
- Also Available via Zoom/Video. Program length may vary from in-person presentation.
- Recommended Audience Size: Suitable for larger groups, no more than one grade in a single session (Annette charges per day, up to three sessions included). A session of "A Writer's Life" may also be substituted for a session of one of her history-focused presentations.
- Cost: Please contact us. We have a holistic approach to pricing, and will want to know some details about your school. Be assured that prices are very reasonable!
Why Don't We Just Give the Price? Each school is different. We don't want to announce a rack rate and frighten you away if you have limited resources. There are discounts and alternatives to make Annette's programs accessible to every school, and many of our clients are Title I schools in rural areas. Asking questions doesn't commit you, and we want to hear from you!
Sign up for Annette's Newsletter